1. a printed list of things that includes detailed information about them;
2. where people see info on you/your show/your project/your product.
What’s a great way to let people know about you/your show/your project/your product? Listings!! These generally appear towards the back of magazines or newspaper sections and include various activities, shows, exhibits, etc. that are open to the public, both free and ticketed. There are TONS of online listing submissions that you can complete for local outlets to get the word out about your event. You should only submit your event for listings consideration if it is open to the public (free or ticketed). For private events, you don’t want randos showing up and trying to get in.
Make sure you include all of the pertinent details:
- Name or title of the event
- Event description
- Website for more information
- And finally (and most importantly) how to RSVP or purchase tickets
The information included for a listings submission is very similar to the information that you include in a media alert. SpinGo is a great site that lists in a ton of outlets at once. Check out where similar events or events with similar audiences list and make sure that you’re included there.